About Earthly Ideas LLC
Earthly Ideas LLC is dedicated to supporting project teams with the information, resources, and skills needed to produce high performance facilities. Through our efforts, we hope to redirect development towards environmental stewardship and sustainability.
Established in 1992, Earthly Ideas is a respected green building consulting firm. Building owners, developers, design firms, and construction managers hire Earthly Ideas LLC to guide the design, renovation, construction, and operation of commercial, institutional, and industrial buildings towards sustainability.
We accomplish this by working cooperatively with our clients to identify the most beneficial opportunities while applying our technical knowledge of the sustainable development field. We then utilize our exceptional organizational skills and project management proficiencies of facilitation, effective communication, thorough research, and meticulous attention to detail to help teams plan and implement sustainable solutions including LEED® criteria.
As a LEED® Proven Provider™, Earthly Ideas is recognized for its demonstrated excellence in LEED project administration.
Earthly Ideas LLC is certified as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) through the Colorado Unified Certification Program. We are also certified as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) and Women Business Enterprise (WBE) by the City and County of Denver. We are self-certified as an Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) for federal contracts.
MICHELLE A. REOTT
Michelle Reott is the founder and Managing Principal of Earthly Ideas LLC and started the company in 1992 when “thinking green” was an idea whose time had not yet come. Through persistence and perseverance, she helped transform the city of Austin, Texas into a hotbed for sustainable building and environmentally sound construction.
In 2001, she relocated the business to its current location in Durango, Colorado and earned designation from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP®). Michelle served as faculty in 2007 at the Sustainable Design Institute of the Boston Architectural College. She earned the LEED AP Building Design + Construction (LEED AP® BD+C) credential in 2009, the LEED AP Interior Design + Construction (LEED AP® ID+C) in 2012, and the LEED AP Operations + Maintenance (LEED AP® O+M) in 2013 from Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI). Today Michelle continues to work on sustainable development and LEED projects across the country.
- In 2016, GBCI designated Earthly Ideas LLC as a LEED® Proven Provider™ for the Building Design and Construction rating system family. This designation was developed to streamline the LEED project review process for experienced organizations that demonstrate consistent excellence in administering LEED projects. LEED Proven Provider is designed to encourage and reward high-quality LEED project submissions to minimize the need for additional work during the project review process.
- Earthly Ideas was a finalist for the 2013 Green Business Leadership Award by the Green Business Roundtable. The award recognizes businesses that demonstrate leadership, innovation, and risk in utilizing environmentally responsible, healthy, & profitable business practices.
- Michelle earned the LEED AP Operations + Maintenance (LEED AP® O+M) credential from GBCI in 2013.
- In 2012, Michelle earned the LEED AP Interior Design + Construction (LEED AP® ID+C) credential from GBCI.
- The U.S. Green Building Council featured Michelle Reott in its About USGBC Membership video produced at Greenbuild 2009.
- Michelle earned the LEED AP Building Design + Construction (LEED AP® BD+C) credential in 2009 from GBCI.
- Earthly Ideas LLC met the criteria to be included in Ecotone Publishging’s merit-based Who’s Green 2007: The Directory of Who’s Green in the Design and Construction Field.
- City Speak, a program of the City Span 10 Government Access Television for the City of Durango, had a January 2007 show entitled LEED Certified, which featured Michelle Reott.
- In 2006, Michelle received the Boomerang Award from the Durango Discovery Museum for her many years of dedicated service to the project.
- The 2006 award-winning documentary Building for the 7th Generation produced by the City of Durango and Exposure Productions highlighted Michelle Reott as a current sustainable building professional. See the 30-minute film here.
- In 2001, Michelle earned designation from the U.S. Green Building Council as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) – one of the first 400 in the world. Read more about LEED.
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency recognized one of Earthly Ideas' renovation projects for Whole Foods Market as a “Waste-Reduction Record Setter” in 2000.
- Earthly Ideas received a 1998 Conservation Leadership Award from The Nature Conservancy of Texas.